The Counseling & Support Clinic (or simply "C&S") provides trauma-informed clinical services by skilled providers who are culturally aware and understand the impact of historical trauma and personal trauma on an individual and their family. To this end, C&S is committed to decolonizing our healing work with clients and re-indigenizing our services with cultural practices and activities that were already in place and used successfully by indigenous people to promote balance and healing.
This is a partial listing of our available services:
Clinical Services Available:
- Individual, family, and group psychotherapy
- Groups include historical trauma, two-spirit, women's drum group, boys' LEGO group, and girls' group. New groups are formed according to interest and need, so call for updates.
- Psychological Assessments for adults and children
- Depression and anxiety screening, posttraumatic stress disorder screening (PTSD), attention-deficit screening and testing (ADHD), and please call to inquire if we can provide other testing needs.
- School-based mental health support and services
- If you're child attends Anishinabe Academy, please call us for services provided directly at the school.
- Other specialty services include:
- Somatic Experiencing®
- FASD-informed caregiver support
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) for children and adolescents
- Traditional cultural activities and consultation
Chemical Health Services Available:
- Chemical Dependency (CD) Assessments (aka "Rule 25" assessments)
- We specialize in CD assessments for children, adolescents, and pregnant women.
- For CD assessments, we are only able to accept clients with HealthPartners, Medica/UBH, BC/BS, Medicare (Hennepin County residents only), Medicaid (no PMAP assigned, and Hennepin County residents only), or self-pay (sliding scale available)
- There is high demand for this service, so please call 612-721-9807 to plan and schedule ahead
- Chemical health support and psychotherapy groups - Please call 612-721-9807 for information about this service
Medication Management Services:
- Child & Adult Psychiatry - Current IHB patients only, or by referral from a NACC provider
Click here for a downloadable flier of our Counseling & Support clinic services
For appointment scheduling, cal us at 612-721-9807
The Indian Health Board also has a robust psychology training program housed within the C&S Clinic. We accept doctoral-level trainees for therapy and advanced therapy practica, psychology internship (application through the APPIC member #1992), and postdoctoral fellowship (APPIC member #9917).
If you are enrolled in or graduated from a qualified doctoral-level psychology program and are interested in the culturally-aware psychology training we provide, please download our brochure for more information or contact the Training Director, Dr. Laiel Baker-Dekrey, at 612-721-9804 or lbaker at ihb-mpls dot org
Our Doctoral Psychology Internship for qualified students has additional information here or in the menu link near the top left of this page.